8.04.2006

A History of Violence

I had passed on this film several times, but I finally decided to take a look. Don't waste your time. This has all been done before, and better. I could only sit through half of this movie, and had no desire to see the rest. Sure, with a title like A History of Violence, I didn't expect Mary Poppins, but the opening killing is just too gruesome. Factor in the plot lines of the family at home looking for the shotgun, the mobsters from "back East" in the town, and the character that denies he was in the witness protaction program (of course he was). About halfway through the film, summer TV repeats suddenly seemed a heck of a lot more attractive (hence the unusual grade).

Overall Grade: Incomplete

Digg This
Del.icio.us


If anyone wants to add to the review of this film, let me know.

No comments: